Hopefully we'll see it here soon. (hint hint JJ)
Anyway, he said, in true flatrock style if you want the recipe then just 'make it up'.
I have used that approach here with one of J's other delights, aubergine parmigiana (or eggplant schnitzel to the more ovarian minded)
- slice your eggplant into thick steaks
- brush with oil and grill/roast for a while to pre-cook
- fry onions and garlic, then deglaze with wine or whatever while you think about what to put in the parmigiana sauce.
- I chose a leggos stir-through olive, chilli and tomato sauce as a basis because it is thick and chunky and flavoursome. (You could build from scratch if you are more time rich.)
- Next I added a can of chilli tuna (dolphin safe so don't worry) and a handful of olives (spanish, kalamata, or whatever) plus some random fridge lurkers. You know, the last piece of capsicum or a quarter of a zucchini.
- allow to reduce and remove eggplant from oven
- NB obviously leave out the tuna to classify this dish as vegetarian... it's still just as tasty.
- cover eggplant with reduced sauce and a generous amount of parmigiano cheese.
- place in oven for 10 min or until cheese turns crispy beige.
- serve on a plate of suitably prepared side dishes.
- eg asparagus and creamy mash.
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments.